CONGRATULATIONS to all of our 2017 participants!
A heartfelt thank you for supporting our local charities and getting your holiday off to a happy and healthy start! We so enjoyed having you and look forward to next year!
For 2017 RESULTS click HERE.
Click HERE for the link to the official photos from Life Fotos. Until then, share your photos on our Facebook Page!
We had over 2,700 registrants and 2,427 finishers — plus a bunch of strollers and almost 100 super fun canine friends!!! The overall female winner, Alyssa Montgomery, finished with a time of 18:54, and the overall male winner for the SECOND year in a row was Brennan Fields in a time of 15:40 (41 seconds faster than last year!)
So, we don’t have the final numbers on this yet either, but because of your help and great attendance this year, we think we will again be able to donate record amounts to our charities this year. You MAKE A DIFFERENCE to each one of these groups. We will share the donation numbers via social media when we have them. Extra special thanks to those of you who made an additional donation on top of your race fee.
The most recent list of overall and age group winners can be viewed here. Awards may be picked up at Pivot Brewing Company (where we had pickup) – 1400 Delaware Avenue – (859) 285-6778. Hours are Monday through Wednesday 4pm to 10pm, Thursday 4pm to 11pm, Friday 4pm to 12am, Saturday 12pm to 12am. Click here for a map.
ProCompression has given us a coupon code to share with you! Use code BGR for 40% off a huge selection of compression socks at procompression.com. They make great Christmas gifts for the runner on your list! If you liked them, you can buy the race socks at our Club Store.
Ponya Bands has also given us a coupon code to share with you. Use Thoroclassic17. You will receive 20% off and free shipping orders over $35. Go to ponyabands.com.
WE ARE SO GRATEFUL!
It takes a great deal of work and contributions from so many people to put on an event of this size. We cannot thank everyone who helped with this event enough. Special thanks to Council Member Bill Farmer for coming out to our race and speaking as part of our pre-race program. And we ask for your ongoing support for:
We had almost 100 volunteers help with packet pick up and race day – mainly from our charitable beneficiaries and the Bluegrass Runners. These folks sacrificed part of their Thanksgiving holiday to give you a great race day. You are invaluable, we could not do it without you. THANK YOU.
- Big Ass Fans for donating funds to make this race happen.
- Greenlayer, who not only makes the shirts you like so much, but also donated funds to make this race happen.
And all our Partners:
- Keeneland – We cannot thank Keeneland enough for such a beautiful, unique, and wonderful venue and for all the support from their staff and security crew! We are so lucky to have this wonderful location in Lexington.
- 3 Way Racing for timing and helping organize this event.
- ProCompression for the socks for our first 1,000 registrants – this terrific company offers great compression socks all made in the U.S.A.!
- Pivot Brewing Company for hosting packet pickup – we hope you got to explore this fun new Lexington craft cidery!
- Texas Roadhouse on Richmond Road for helping us purchase our cider and hot cocoa.
- Noodles & Co., such a great supporter of local running for providing the bananas and coupons at packet pick up.
- Bluegrass Kettle Masters. This was their first time selling delicious popcorn at our event. It added a great element of fun, and they donated a part of the proceeds to our charities! Thank you!
- Crank & Boom for providing 500 coupons for free ice cream given away at our packet pick ups!
- Highbridge Springs for their great continued support by providing water for our water stop.
- Matt Reno Logos, our BGR President, who updated our race day design from Robert Bridges, for our race logo this year.
- DJ Stitz for pumping up the crowd, wouldn’t he be great for a party?!
- Ponya Bands for donating a prize for our packet pick up.
WE WANT TO BE BETTER
As a running club, we want our race to be the best it can be. If you have any race feedback to help us make this a better event, please contact us. We are always looking for new ideas to help make this race one of Lexington’s finest Thanksgiving traditions.
Thank you so much to everyone who comes back year after year. We, and our charities, appreciate your continued support. If you haven’t already, please visit bluegrassrunners.org and learn more about our club. We would also love for you to join us on a group run. We have multiple options throughout the week, and including runs for new runners or those who have never run with a group before. If you’re just getting into this great sport, we’ll have experienced runners on hand to offer guidance to anyone, regardless of pace.
Your Race Directing Team at the Bluegrass Runners