CONGRATULATIONS to all of our 2019 participants!
A heartfelt thank you for supporting our local charities and getting your holiday off to a happy and healthy start! We so enjoyed having you and look forward to next year!
For 2019 RESULTS click HERE.
It takes a great deal of work and contributions from so many people to put on an event of this size. We cannot thank everyone who helped with this event enough.
You are invaluable, we could not do it without you. THANK YOU. We had almost 100 volunteers help with packet pick up and race day from our charitable beneficiaries and the Bluegrass Runners. These folks sacrificed part of their Thanksgiving holiday to give you a great race day.
Special thanks to Council Member Bill Farmer for coming out to our race and speaking as part of our pre-race program.
More special thanks to the Lexington Fire Department for giving the kids (and the young at heart) the opportunity to check out a fire truck on site!
- Keeneland – We cannot thank Keeneland enough for such a beautiful, unique, and wonderful venue and for all the support from their staff and security crew! We are so lucky to have this wonderful location in Lexington.
- Fleet Feet Lexington — THANK YOU for sponsoring the post race banana table!
- 3 Way Racing for timing and helping organize this event.
- ProCompression for the socks for our first 1,000 registrants – this terrific company offers great compression socks all made in the U.S.A.!
- Pivot Brewing Company for hosting packet pickup and storing our race supplies year-round – we hope you got to explore this fun new Lexington craft cidery!
- Highbridge Springs for their great continued support by providing water for our water stop.
- Matt Reno Logos, our BGR President, who updated our race day design from Robert Bridges, for our race logo this year.
- DJ Stitz for pumping up the crowd, wouldn’t he be great for a party?!
As a running club, we want our race to be the best it can be. If you have any race feedback to help us make this a better event, please contact us. We are always looking for new ideas to help make this race one of Lexington’s finest Thanksgiving traditions.
Thank you so much to everyone who comes back year after year. We, and our charities, appreciate your continued support. If you haven’t already, please visit bluegrassrunners.org and learn more about our club. We would also love for you to join us on a group run. We have multiple options throughout the week, and including runs for new runners or those who have never run with a group before. If you’re just getting into this great sport, we’ll have experienced runners on hand to offer guidance to anyone, regardless of pace.
Your Race Directing Team at the Bluegrass Runners