37th Annual Thoroughbred Classic VIRTUAL 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, & Challenge – November 1st through 30th, 2020
Click HERE to go to our Registration Site at RunSignUp
Registration Opens August 15, 2020
We are going VIRTUAL for 2020! For almost 40 years, the Thoroughbred Classic has been a fabric of Thanksgiving Day in Lexington. In the past five years, the race has provided over $200,000 in donations to local charities. We do not want that to change this year. In this crazy world right now, we had to make the difficult, but also exciting, decision to go all virtual for our 2020 event. While we won’t see you at Keeneland on Thanksgiving Day, going virtual allows us to offer several options we can’t host live!
- MULTIPLE DISTANCE OPTIONS! Because you create the course, you can control the distance. You can stay with the traditional 5K (3.1 miles) or challenge yourself with a 10K (6.2 miles) or a half marathon 13.1 miles! This will likely be the ONLY opportunity you have the opportunity to run the Thoroughbred Classic as a 10K or a half marathon! Don’t. Miss. It.
- SWAG! If you register by the OCTOBER 15th deadline, you will receive a fantastic long sleeve tech shirt, pair of PRO Compression socks, and FOR THE FIRST TIME IN RACE HISTORY, all participants receive a finisher’s medal!
- CHALLENGE! Register by the OCTOBER 15th deadline for our challenge and complete all three distances and receive a unique challenge finisher shirt (unisex short sleeve tech tee for men, or women have the option of a tank!) and a SECOND medal. Talk about bling!
- Low Cost Option. We know lots of families like to do this race together. If you aren’t into race swag, we have a lower cost, shirt only registration option that will run through November 4th.
- You decide the race date! Complete the distance(s) you register for anytime between November 1 and November 30th.
- Mailed Packets. For an additional fee of $7.00, you can choose to have your race swag mailed to your door! We will also offer a socially distanced packet pick up option for no fee.
- OUR CHARITIES. This is a hard year. And charitable organizations are suffering as well. We are a run club. We give all of the proceeds to charity, typically upwards of $40,000 a year. Let’s make sure this year is not different!
- TEAMS! You can still register your family/group as a team, and we will have fun prizes.
REGISTER EARLY. Because all proceeds go to charity, we are only ordering swag for folks who register by the required dates. We will still take registrations after the cut off date, but the only swag option will be past years’ shirts, in limited numbers, sizes, and subject to availability.
FYI – In addition to our Registration Fee, RunSignUp charges a fee for using their service. You can see the schedule of fees HERE. You are charged one fee no matter how many people you register at once, so you can save a couple of dollars if you register everyone in your group/family at the same time.
October 15 – You MUST register by October 15 for any registration to include socks and a medal (including the Challenge shirt and Challenge medal)
November 4 – You MUST register by November 4 for any registration to include a current year (2020) race shirt
November 20 – LAST DAY TO REGISTER. Registrations after November 4 are not guaranteed any shirt at all. We do have past years shirts in limited numbers and sizes. We are happy to provide you with one of those at our in person packet pick up. These shirts CANNOT be mailed. But once we run out, we run out. First come first serve!
November 1st to 30th – Pick your date(s) and times(s) and RUN!
This Year’s Shirt Design
Another great design from Robert Bridges! This is a long sleeve tech shirt offered in unisex/men’s crew neck and women’s (V-neck, tapered cut) fits. Women can choose the unisex style.
We donate all proceeds to charity; this year’s contributions will go to:
- Arbor Youth Services
- CASA of Lexington
- Central Music Academy
- E7 Kids Cafe
- Surgery on Sunday
You can make additional donations during the registration process.
We hope you are healthy and safe!
Your Bluegrass Runners Race Team